Invest in an ozone-purified pool because you should be concerned with your health. With one-third of the chlorine of an average pool, an ozone-purified pool is far better for your hair and skin, not to mention your bathing suit. To further enhance the purity of the water, the pool goes through a complete filtration every six hours and the whirlpool every four hours.
THE POWER OF OZONE
Ozone, O3, is one of the most powerful and effective natural sterilizers and disinfectants known to humans. Ozone, or “activated oxygen,” contains three atoms of oxygen rather than two. It is this third atom that makes ozone unstable and gives it power as a sterilant and purifier, because as soon as ozone is released into a polluted environment, the third oxygen atom separates itself from the ozone molecule and attaches itself to the contaminant, neutralizing it and destroying it. Should there be any extra ozone in the area after sterilization is complete, it reverts to oxygen in approximately 30 minutes.
However, O3 is not equal to ozone. It is when these single ozone molecules combine into larger quantities (10 parts per million (ppm) or higher) that it becomes ozone. It is similar to H2O and water: one single H2O molecule does not equal water. Only when large groups of the H2O molecules combine does it become water.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Because of its instability, once ozone is created, it instantly reacts with other germs, viruses, and bacteria in the room. If there are any residual ozone molecules in the room, they automatically revert to oxygen within 30 minutes. When the O3 molecule is airborne, one of the atoms identifies and attacks the contaminant, thereby destroying any organic matter by oxidation. In doing so, the extra atom of oxygen is destroyed, leaving only O2 or purified oxygen, and the odors and bacteria are eliminated.
OZONE IS HEALTHY
- Ozone leaves no chemical by-products in water
- Ozone leaves no chemical taste or smell
- Ozone will not burn eyes or make them red or irritated
- Ozone will not irritate or dry out skin, nose, or ears
- Ozone will not discolor or damage hair or clothing
- Ozone adds no contaminants or by-products to water
- Ozone rids water and air of unhealthy micro-organisms
- Ozone is NOT a carcinogen
WHAT DOES OZONE DO?
- Ozone destroys bacteria, viruses, mold, and mildew
- Ozone eliminates spores, cysts, yeast, and fungus
- Ozone oxidizes iron, sulfur, manganese, and hydrogen sulfate
- Ozone eliminates oils and other contaminants in water
- Ozone keeps water clean and sparkling clear
- Ozone keeps water fresh