Invest in an ozone-purified pool because you should be concerned with your health. The ozone-purified pool is far better for your health, your hair, and skin, not to mention your bathing suit.
THE POWER OF OZONE
Ozone, O3, is one of the most powerful and effective natural sterilizers and disinfectants. Ozone, or “activated oxygen,” contains three atoms of oxygen rather than two. It is this third atom that makes ozone unstable and gives it power as a sterilant and purifier, because as soon as ozone is released into a polluted environment, the third oxygen atom separates itself from the ozone molecule and attaches itself to the contaminant, neutralizing it and destroying it, ozone reverts to oxygen in approximately 30 minutes.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Because of its instability, once ozone is created, it instantly reacts with other germs, viruses, and bacteria. If there are any residual ozone molecules, they automatically revert to oxygen. When the O3 molecule is airborne, one of the atoms identifies and attacks the contaminant, thereby destroying any organic matter by oxidation. Ozone naturally removes (oxidizes) odors and bacteria.
OZONE IS HEALTHY
- Ozone leaves no chemical by-products in water
- Ozone leaves no chemical taste or smell
- Ozone will not burn eyes or make them red or irritated
- Ozone will not irritate or dry out skin, nose, or ears
- Ozone will not discolor or damage hair or clothing
- Ozone adds no contaminants or by-products to water
- Ozone rids water and air of unhealthy micro-organisms
- Ozone is NOT a carcinogen
WHAT DOES OZONE DO?
- Ozone destroys bacteria, viruses, mold, and mildew
- Ozone eliminates spores, cysts, yeast, and fungus
- Ozone oxidizes iron, sulfur, manganese, and hydrogen sulfate
- Ozone eliminates oils and other contaminants in water
- Ozone keeps water clean and sparkling clear
- Ozone keeps water fresh
Click here for more information about ozone for swimming pools
Chemistry of Ozone for Municipal Pool and Spa Water Treatment
Selecting the Right Size Ozone Generator for your Pool
How to Compensate for Half-Life of Ozone in Water