Odors and airborne contaminants can be a major problem in both commercial and industrial settings. They can come from a variety of sources and can be a major problem, affecting comfort, employee performance, health and safety of employees, customer satisfaction, product quality, and compliance with environmental regulations. Additionally, in commercial or industrial settings is very difficult to eliminate odors. Traditional cleaning methods such as ventilation, UV light, and air purifiers may not be effective in removing odors. This is where industrial ozone generators come in.
The Ozone technology is an efficient and economical alternative. Ozone can react with most of these compounds destroying/oxidizing them very efficiently and at the same time removing the odor created by these compounds in the air. An Industrial ozone machine produces ozone, a highly reactive form of oxygen, which reacts with and neutralizes odor-causing compounds. This natural and chemical-free process is highly effective to remove odors from the air and hard-to-reach surfaces such as carpets and furniture. In addition, helps to eliminate viruses, bacteria, spores, and many other airborne contaminants found in the air.
Also, industrial facilities, like biodiesel plants, wastewater treatment plants, and chemical production exhausts, use ozone for smell remediation to destroy pathogens in the air that can harm humans. In the correct concentration, ozone is extremely effective against airborne viruses.
The benefits of using ozone for odor removal
There are several benefits of using ozone for odor removal in industrial settings:
- Chemical-Free: Ozone is a natural oxidant that neutralizes odor-causing compounds without the use of chemicals, making it a safer and healthier solution for removing odors.
- Effective: Ozone can penetrate into all areas of space, including porous materials, making it highly effective in removing odors from the air and hard-to-reach surfaces.
- Cost-Effective: Industrial generators are easy to install and operate, making them a cost-effective solution for large industrial facilities.
- Safe: Ozone is a naturally occurring substance and does not pose a risk to human health or the environment when used at appropriate ozone concentration. We offer assistance for the safe use and handling of ozone
- Improved Work Environment: By removing unwanted odors, the ozone machine helps to maintain a safe, healthy, and pleasant work environment, improving employee morale and motivation.
Ozone Odors control in Industrial Settings
Absolute Ozone supplies ozone-based odor control systems for several municipal and industrial applications where unwanted odors such us smoke, human and pet odors, food odors, mold and mildew odors, garbage odors, renovation odors, and much more. Some of these industries include:
- Chemical Processing: In the chemical processing industry, unwanted odors can result from the production of various chemicals, such as solvents, resins, and intermediates. In the pharmaceutical industry, unwanted odors can be generated for example during fermentations used to produce various medicines and active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Coating Processes: In coating processes, unwanted odors can result from the use of solvents, resins, and other chemicals used in the production of various coatings.
- Storage Tanks: In storage tank facilities, unwanted odors can result from the storage of various chemicals, fuels, and other materials that can emit odors.
- Fish & Poultry Processing: In the fish and poultry processing industry, unwanted odors can result from the processing of fish and poultry products, including the rendering of by-products.
- Pulp & Paper Manufacturing: In the pulp and paper industry, unwanted odors can result from the production of pulp and paper, as well as the treatment of process wastewater.
- Compost Facilities: In compost facilities, odors can result from the composting of organic waste materials, such as food waste and yard waste.
- Food Processing: In food processing, unwanted odors can result from the processing of various food products, including the rendering of by-products.
- Animal Rendering Plants: In animal rendering plants, unwanted odors can result from the rendering of animal by-products, including animal fat and bones.
- Breweries: In the brewing industry, odors can result from the production of beer and other fermented beverages, as well as the treatment of processed wastewater.
In each of these industries, unwanted odors can have a negative impact on the environment and the health and safety of employees. By using industrial ozone generators for odor control, these industries can effectively remove unwanted odors and maintain a safe and pleasant working environment.
How ozone generator works for odor control
Industrial ozone generator produces ozone from enriched oxygen. Highly concentrated ozone reacts with odor molecules through a process called oxidation, in which the extra oxygen atom in the ozone molecule is transferred to the odor molecule, causing a change in its chemical composition. which is then circulated throughout the area that needs to be treated for odor control.
As the ozone molecules come into contact with the unwanted odors, they react and neutralize the odor-causing compounds. This reaction changes the chemical structure of the compounds, breaking them down into non-odorous substances.
Once the odor control treatment is complete, the ozone will revert back to oxygen atom within a few minutes (The half-life of ozone in the air is 20 min) to hours. This allows the treated area to be reoccupied without any residual ozone odor.
Ozone generators are a highly effective and efficient solution for odor control in industrial settings. With proper ozone output and maintenance, an ozone generator can provide a cost-effective and long-lasting solution for eliminating unwanted odors.
Tell us about your Air Treatment Project
Absolute Ozone®’s experienced engineers are ready to offer you professional technical assistance with any air treatment and odor application. We offer you free technical assistance to assure the success of their ozone treatment projects.
Contact us now, our experienced professionals for a free consultation today. Furthermore, We will be happy to assist you with your project.