WHY USE OZONE FOR REMEDIATION?
Recently, ozone has been used to clean up sites containing a variety of soil contaminants. The reason for using ozone is to target those compounds that are not biodegradable, in addition, to the ones which are biodegradable over a long period of time. If dissolved, many hydrocarbon compounds can be biodegraded, but when attached to soil particles, these contaminants are not readily degraded. Furthermore, the network of water pipes and utility lines through a site makes it impossible to excavate, Ozone is easy to implement and does not require large soil movement. In fact, Ozone Soil Remediation shows a reduction of contaminants of 99%, which is quite remarkable.
KEY OZONE REMEDIATION BENEFITS
- In addition to having low capital equipment costs, ozone implementation has low operating costs as well.
- The installation will also cause minimal disruption to the site.
- Ozone offers In-situ destruction of targeted components
- The rapid decrease of contaminant mass and concentration in soil and water. In fact, impressive results may be seen in weeks
- Clean reaction. Also, no hazardous by-product formation
- Microbubbles work to remove VOCs from soil pores and groundwater, which lowers the oxidative demand on soil that is typical of liquid oxidants.
CONTAMINANTS DESTROYED BY OZONE
- Chlorinated Solvents
To Get Free Technical Support for your Ozone Soil Remediation Applications Contact Us Now